Treat your family to a classic, all-American dessert with this Perfect Apple Pie recipe! This pie comes together quickly thanks to a refrigerated pie crust, and with simple ingredients and spices, you can bet that you already have most of what you need to make this standout pie today. Serve it to your loved ones, and you’ll be sharing a pie that’s so comforting, eating it almost feels like being wrapped in a hug.
• 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
• 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
• ¾ cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
2. In a large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
4. Let the pie cool for at least 2 hours before cutting into it. The filling will thicken as it cools, making it easier to slice.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Mission 106 Apartments in Leawood, Kansas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!