French fries: they make a great side to your sandwich, burger, or steak, but most varieties come loaded with additional fats and oils – not to mention, tons of calories. However, just because most of us consume the type of French fries served by fast-food restaurants, doesn’t mean that there isn’t another, healthier way to prepare this potato-based side. Here, we’ll show you how to create Baked French Fries at home. Check out the recipe below!
• 3 pounds russet potatoes, sliced like French fries
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is heating, cut potatoes into fry shapes, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
2. Add cut potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a resealable plastic bag or large mixing bowl. Shake to cover all of the potatoes evenly with oil and seasoning.
3. Place potatoes on a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Then, flip the fries and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until all fries are golden brown.
5. Prefer your fries extra-crispy? Broil them for an extra minute after cooking.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Mission 106 Apartments in Leawood, Kansas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!